How to Obtain College Credits for Your Family Development Credential® (FDC™) and FDC Leadership Credential(Available to students who have completed their FDC June 2016-June 2026)
Congratulations on earning your Family Development Credential! You are now eligible to receive college credits.
- Before you complete the application process, we suggest you check with your advisor of your attending school to make sure the credits will transfer into the degree you are working towards.
- Empowerment Skills for Family Workers- The credits for your FDC will transfer to your attending school for a total of 9 semester credits in an upper division baccalaureate degree.
- Empowerment Skills for Leaders- The credits for your Leadership credential will transfer to your attending school for a total of 4 semester credits in an upper division baccalaureate degree or 3 semester credits for a graduate degree.
To set up your credit registry and obtain your transcript from Excelsior College:
- Fully complete the provided application and send with a payment of $50 to:
Excelsior College, Office of the Registrar, 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY 12203.
Applications including a credit card payment can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you are ready to send your application, you must also request your FDC program transcript from the National FDC office to be sent directly to Excelsior to verify your completion. Please submit a request via email to email@example.com with your full name, address, and date of birth.
The Excelsior College NCCRS transcript service fee entitles you to receive one student copy of your transcript. You may request additional copies of your transcript (login required) by visiting www.excelsior.edu/transcriptrequest. The current transcript fee is $20.